A sign at the Ben Thanh market in Vietnam that I didn't quite understand. Something is lost in translation, me thinks. But that did not stop us from buying a lot!
February 25, 2013
February 24, 2013
February 18, 2013
February 16, 2013
February 15, 2013
February 14, 2013
February 13, 2013
February 11, 2013
At 840M, this dual zipline is considered as the longest in Asia. Elevation for the take off was at 4,500M above sea level! So yeah, it was high, and the zipline was fast!
I did conquered my fear!
February 8, 2013
Dear Kindle Fire, hello, we finally meet at last! I am so excited to cradle you in my arms! I already have hundreds of books lined up and since you have wifi access, I dont have to bring my laptop on my trip! Dear Cambodia trip, you are just 11 days away and I cant contain my excitement anymore! Its my first out of the country trip and I want to make wonderful memories! Dear Money, where are you?! I need you more than ever! Dear Prosperity Bracelet, work for me already! Let us attract prosperity! Dear Davao, I will see you in June! Dear Puerto Princesa, hello again, and welcome my kids with great memories in October, and my friend Ehms and her family too! Dear Brain, can you please retain some information from the books I'm studying right now?
Labels: Friday Letters
The Sunken Cemetery in Camiguin, per the entry in Wikipedia: during the volcanic birth of Mt. Vulcan that lasted from 1871 to about 1875, some areas in the town of Bonbon subsided, sinking the cemetery of the town to below sea level. The place is commemorated by a huge cross erected in 1982.
February 7, 2013
I am reviving the daily photo challenge for myself in this blog, to make sure that I have one entry everyday. No particular category, just pictures that I took, using my trusted point and shoot. So here goes.
My tsinelas, and my husband's tsinelas, taken during the ferry ride from Port Balingoan in Cagayan de Oro to Port Benoni in Camiguin. Its the start of our First Mindanao experience. Here is to more travels to come!
February 6, 2013
And here are two things I have never Done before, bu I have Dreamed of doing:
Diving in the Sky
(zipline at Asia's Longest Zipline, Bukidnon)
Dying to Stay On the Raft
(White water rafting at Cagayan de Oro River)
February 5, 2013
This has been recently my staple breakfast: a cup of coffee and a pack of crackers. I sometime have an egg yolk or two (when my office mates who love egg whites but hates the yolk eats it for breakfast) but most days, this is just it. And I guess my stomach is getting to used to this little fare that I don't get hungry until 12nn. Then I munch on another cracker before going up to the gym. After my afternoon lunch work out, I eat my lunch of either chicken, vegetables, camote and I'm all set for the day!
February 4, 2013
I turned 36 last February 1, and here are 36 awesome reasons why I feel so lucky and thankful during my birthday!
1. I have an awesome husband. He loves just as I am!
2. I have 3 great kids. I love my family more than anything!
3. I have the best mom in the world.
4. And the best sisters in the world, too!
7. I have a house, even though we don't live there yet.
8. I have a car and I know how to drive a little but I'm just learning to park, ha ha ha.
9. I am able to travel in the country yearly, or even twice a year.
10. I have a passport.
11. And its going to have its first stamp soon!
12. I have a Kindle.
13. I am able to watch movies and read books.
14. I am able to eat rice when I want, even while on diet. Ha ha ha.
15. I can call my friends anytime and tell them the silliest jokes or the most dire problem and they will never call me silly or stupid.
16. My sisters are willing to give up their time for me.
17. And my little sister is graduating this year! Yes! Hooray for bright futures!
18. I have a tattoo, and I still want more.
19. I have a laptop, even a small one, and I can do all my blogging as much as I want,
20. thanks to the WiFi access from our neighbor (for a minimal fee).
21. I have a prosperity bracelet, and I can feel that its working!
22. I am studying right now, and for some reasons, some of them are sticking to my mind, ha ha ha.
23. I have very supportive office mates who believes in me.
24. My husband is always a willing travel companion!
25. Oh, and I have 2 confirmed travel tickets for this year, one for me and my husband and one with the kids. This aside from my international travel this month and the domestic travel last month.
26. I have no savings, ha ha ha, But I have lots of great memories.
27. I have friends who can rely on everyday, be it for the use of their credit card, or just for a cup of coffee.
28. My kids love me. My daughter would cover me with a blanket when she thinks I'm already asleep.
29. My other son would kiss me goodnight, even when I'm already asleep.
30. My eldest son would ask me advise on relationships and tips on dating!
31. My mom would text me to ask what I would like to have for lunch or dinner.
32. I have access to the company gym and I do Zumba every Tuesday so I can try and lose weight.
33. I can surf the internet anytime I want, to search for financial formulas or just for about anything.
34. My boss trusts me enough to send me to meetings!
35. I have no wish nor need to go abroad to work and leave my family.
36. I have all that I need, thanks to our Lord.
It is indeed awesome to be 36!
This is the place where you take off in a boat going to White Island in Camiguin, located in Yumbing. White Island is essentially just a sandbar, whose shape varies. When we were there it was shaped like a W.
These boats took us to the island, but we missed the sunrise because we couldn't get up earlier than 6 am. It was also cloudy, but the island looks very serene nonetheless!
My requisite foot photo at the white sands of White Island. The sands actually are as fine as those in Boracay in some parts.