This is something that I will have with my daughter, these kikay bonding moments. Last Sunday, after our Ace Water Spa day, we went to have her hair treated (hot oil) and me for my pedicure. We were smiling to each other silly at it. I know that I need to treasure these moments with her, as she is growing up really fast! Simple joys!
August 29, 2014
I was just thinking about this yesterday: why do I love to travel? Why do I get so excited at the prospect of going to a new place, visiting the best they have to offer, eating their food, even when I am almost always only on a budget? Do I need to travel to escape my dreary life, and maybe lull my self to think that my life is exciting? Truth be told, I don't know. What I know is this: I will travel as much as I can, because if not now, then when?
August 28, 2014
Today is culminating day for the celebration of Buwan ng Wika at my kid's school and they had to come to school wearing Filipiniana costumes, and bring Filipino food. They wore the above costumes, and brought Biko and Kutsinta. I just hope that the school teaches them that Filipino pride is more than just wearing the clothes and eating the food, but its a good start.
The baro at saya costume was borrowed from their cousin who used during a school dance, and the magsasaka costume was recycled from one of their school presentations.
August 20, 2014
If you can read my mind (but I cannot imagine why you would want to) here is what's going on in it right now:
1. What is that ice bucket challenge where they dump cold water on your head for charity? I really don't want to know. But why dump water on your head? Why not just give to charity?
2. I love Spotify.
3. I wish I love writing my school papers as much as I love writing in my blog (where nobody is bound to read it). Then I wouldn't have to worry about deadlines.
4. Sometimes, you just want to curl up and read a good book.
5. Why can't my husband understand when I say that I need to go up a mountain? It's the same way that he feels when he wants to grab a couple of beers!
6. I wish exercise is as easy as eating. And I wish that when I realize I lose a pound, it does not mean I can eat a burger, after dinner!
7. I do not like to think about Jovito Palparan. Two mothers are there without their children and some people are calling Palparan a hero? I will stop just right here. I really do not want to talk about him!
8. We pay 32% in tax and yet when it rains, we are flooded. I am okay with paying taxes as long as basic services are delivered. But what the hell are we getting for giving the government our money?
9. I wish some people would read To Kill a Mockingbird.
10. I wish I have money right now to bring my family out of town for the long weekend. But I don't, so we will most probably just stay home. Bummer.
There are more things going on in my head, but I have to go now and write those papers!
August 18, 2014
So I saw a post on Facebook about Graham balls and it said making it was so easy, I decided there and then to buy the ingredients and have my kids make it. So the ingredients are a can condensed milk, a pack of marshmallows and graham crackers. This is where I went wrong! I should have bought crushed Graham and not the crackers so we wouldn't have a hard time crushing the cracker! And then my second mistake, I poured all contents of the can of condensed milk, and realized too late that I put too much! So it was so mushy we had a hard time forming it into a ball. But the kids had a blast, and that's all that matter!
The happy kiddos, who are scooping the mixture to their mouths when I wasn't looking, had a blast. And they want to try again.
I guess we will have to try again until its perfect, right?